Last modified: January 11, 2019
- Introduction and Acceptance of Terms
- Information We Collect and How We Collect It
When you sign up for a User Account and when you use the Service, you provide us with two types of information: (i) information you submit via the Service; and (ii) information regarding your use of the Service collected by us as you interact with the Service. The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate the Service and to provide you with the services and information you request. In connection with certain aspects of the Service, we may request, collect and/or display some of your Personally Identifiable Information. We collect several types of information from and about you, including:
- information that, taken alone, identifies you and that can be used to contact you, on-line or offline (“Personally Identifiable Information”), which may include, for example, your legal personal or business name or your email address;
- information about you that cannot be used, alone, to identify you, which may include, for example, your zip code; and
- information about your use of our Service, which may regard, for example, your Internet connection, your computer or mobile device and software you use to access our Service, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other device identifiers.
- Our Service also permits you to voluntarily provide us with your zip code so that we can show you nearby sellers of our products and otherwise better tailor our Service to your needs.
Below, we detail the specific types of information we collect from our users.
- Account Information
Our Service permits you to voluntarily provide us with your email address so that we can keep you updated about our products and company. If you choose to do so, we will periodically send you marketing or other emails. You acknowledge that your email address and all other information provided by you are personal to you, and by providing it to us, you allow others, including us, to identify you, and therefore you may not be anonymous.
Our marketing emails provide information about how to “opt-out” from future marketing communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails pertaining to your use of the Service and/or our business dealings with you.
- Zip Code
Our Service also permits you to voluntarily provide us with your zip code so that we can show you nearby sellers of our products and otherwise better tailor our Service to your needs.
- IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically
We automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Service, including your IP address and cookie information. Internet traffic information, such as IP address, is usually assigned in country-based blocks, so it can be used to at least identify the country of your device, and do things such as to provide you with the correct language and locale for search queries. This information is sent as a normal part of Internet traffic.
Generally, the Service automatically collects usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Service. We may use this data in aggregate form—that is, as a statistical measure—but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us, and third parties authorized by us, to figure out how individuals use the Service so that we can improve it accordingly.
- Information Collected Using Cookies
“Cookies” are small data files that are sent to your web browser when you access a website, and the files stored on your device’s hard drive. We use “session” cookies to keep you logged in while you use our Service, to track your preferences and to track trends and monitor usage and web traffic information on our Service. These are erased when you close your browser. We use “persistent” cookies to relate your use of our Service to other information about you and store information about your preferences to make your user experience consistent and customized. For example, we may create a persistent cookie that includes some basic information about you, like your favorite website locations and whether customer support responded to your inquiry. These cookies stay on your hard drive until you erase them or they expire and associate your information with your account even if you are logged out.
Certain features of our Services may use local shared objects (or “flash cookies”). Flash cookies are small files similar to browser cookies that collect and store information about your preferences and where you browse and what you look at on our Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser or device settings that are used for browser cookies. You may adjust your Adobe Flash Player settings to prevent flash cookies from being placed on your hard drive.
We do not track our users across Third Party Websites and thus do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. However, some Third Party Websites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, certain website browsers allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
- Minors and Children Under Age 13
We are committed to complying with all aspects of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use our Service. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to use our Service or send any Personally Identifiable Information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any Personally Identifiable Information to the Company or on the Service. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personally Identifiable Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information where reasonably possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please send a detailed message to email@example.com.
- Our Use of Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personally Identifiable Information to:
- provide to you and communicate with you about the Service, content, features or products you use or request;
- customize and optimize the content or advertisements you receive when you use the Service, and otherwise improve your experience on our Service;
- analyze and improve our services, which may include tracking traffic, usage and navigation patterns related to your activities on the Service and the links we provide to Third Party Websites or advertisements;
- protect our or third-party rights or interests;
- perform any function we describe when you provide the information; and
- do anything else, with your consent.
- Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may share information that is not Personally Identifiable Information and that does not identify you personally about your interests, your use of the Service, and the links and ads that you follow, with third-party content providers or advertisers; if we do so, we will not provide them with your name or contact information. We may share Personally Identifiable Information with our business partners in order to provide you a service you use or request, subject to commitments by such parties to use your information only for that purpose and to protect it from disclosure.
We may share Personally Identifiable Information in response to a valid law enforcement request or legal process, to protect our rights and property or those of third parties or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Additionally, in the following circumstances, we may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information without your consent:
- if we believe there is a serious and imminent threat to the life, health or safety of yourself or another person (for example, if we learn that a person is suffering abuse or has made statements of an intent to commit self-harm or harm another);
- to investigate or report on activity which we believe on reasonable grounds to be unlawful;
- if disclosure is required or authorized by law (for example, in response to a subpoena or where a regulatory authority has the power to request the provision of certain records or information);
- if we deem it necessary in our sole discretion to protect our legal and legitimate business interests.
- Protecting Your Information
We take the security of your Personally Identifiable Information very seriously and have implemented policies and procedures, including technical measures, that are designed to help safeguard it. Please remember that you play a valuable part in security as well. While we strive to use best practices to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, the Internet and computer technology is not 100% secure and we cannot absolutely ensure the security of any Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us.
- California Residents.
California residents may choose to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes or choose to opt out of such disclosure. Our policy is not to disclose Personally Identifiable Information collected online to a third party for directing marketing without your approval. To make a request or to opt out at any time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Us